HIDDEN GEM ATHLETES.
Eric Stang - Founder and Chief of Consulting
Eric Stang's career in athletics encompasses experience as an athlete, coach, administrator, scout and official. Having worked for the past 29 years in both amateur and professional sports, Eric Stang has coached and mentored thousands of athletes. After decades of providing successful guidance to athletes looking to expand their careers properly in finding optimal situations, in 2015 Eric founded ECS Services LLC which initially was a professional basketball scouting service that worked with professional level teams and leagues globally and evolved into Hidden Gem Athletes Consulting.
- 24 years as a basketball coach at the youth, collegiate and professional levels.
- 14 years of experience with recruiting and eligibility rules.
- 13 years of amateur athlete evaluation and scouting experience.
- 11 years of professional basketball player evaluation and scouting experience.
- 5 years of experience as a athletic administrator.
- 4 years of experience as a basketball official.
- 4 years of experience as a college athlete.
- 2 years of experience as an Assistant General Manager.
- Published author with various articles and a book on proven evaluation and scouting techniques as well as reliable intel gathering processes. "Basketball Scouting Techniques Editions 1-3" are used by Sports Management World Wide's Professional Basketball Scout and GM course.
- Has helped train and mentored 4 NBA Draft Picks and 4 NCAA Division 1 All Americans.
- Has recruited and coached 2 NAIA Region MVP’s, 2 NAIA All-Americans, 5 NAIA All-Conference Selections and 5 Junior College All Region Performers.
- Has 11 years of educational experience as both an Adjunct Professor and Classroom Teacher in History, Physical Education and Sports Management.
Is made of up of former athletes and coaches who have the proper Experience needed to assist you in finding that optimal next step.
Our consultants are former athletes that have competed as both athletes and coaches at the collegiate and professional levels. They know how to properly navigate the adversity and challenges associated with finding that optimal next step in your career.